That is probably what you are all thinking. I know, I know, it really has been a long time since I have updated my blog. I have replaced my blogging with running and house hunting. Right now I am taking a break from both of them. I am sick of house hunting. There comes a time when enough is enough. I don't know if I can look at one more house. We are beginning to think that now just is not the right time. Every house that we are interested in has just gone under contract or won't go with an FHA loan or some other dumb reason. So I've decided that this week while Mike is at work I am going to get caught up on a lot of decluttering that has been put off for the last year. (Honestly, the office never really got unpacked from our move last year.) But we really need to find somewhere else to live. Football season is quickly approaching and that means the landlord will be having a lot of parties. The other night after date night at the temple we had to pick the kids up at my sisters house and we got home at 12:30 am and our landlord was in the backyard with a friend drinking with the radio blaring and he was stumbling around the yard because he was so wasted. Then the next day we were getting ready for church and Alyssa and Makaley went outside and were playing with the beer cans that were laying all over the lawn. Mike caught Makaley just before she was about to drink from one of the cans. So maybe next week we can figure out what is going to be best for us.
I am also taking a break from running right now. I have been running off and on for a couple of years now. But this year I have actually stuck with it and have experienced the runners high. I ran in the Ogden Marathon Relay in May and then I was so ambishious that I signed up for a half marathon. So I ran my very first half marathon last month. I did the Provo River Trail Half Marathon. It was a lot of fun. I had several people tell me that they wanted to run it with me but in the end I was the only one who ended up doing it. Maybe next year I wi
ll be able to get someone to run with me. It was a great experience. I have actually lost a total of 18 pounds this year with running alone. So that has been a plus.
This was the line for the bus to the start line of the half marathon at 5:30am.
Alyssa was able to get into the Jordan School Districts Special Ed pre-school program in the spring. She was so excited because she got to ride the bus. Everyday when we would ask her how school was she would say "yay the school bus is fun". For those of you who may not know, Alyssa has a seizure disorder. (Epilepsy) It has been a long road for her. She also has a developmental delay in her speech and language and with her comprehension. Back in May we were at the neurologists office and the PA was doing the routine check-up and she was asking Alyssa to do some different things for her and Alyssa wasn't really responding back to her (which is somewhat normal for Alyssa because with her delay she may not know what you are asking her to do) she was in a daze. And the PA said, she is having a seizure. Mike and I both l
ooked at her and said well if that is a seizure then that is happening a lot. So we decided that we needed to get her on another drug and see if that would get us some results. Because this drug she is on she has been on it since she was two and we have upped her dose so many times and she is still having break through seizures. We started the new drug about the same time she started preschool. We immediately saw some results in Alyssa ability to communicate. But just this last week she had some more break through seizures so I guess we are going to have to up the dose of the new drug. We were just in the neurologist office two weeks ago and we were upping her dose then so we could get her off the old drug. So keep her in your prayers. She starts preschool up again on Thursday and she can't wait!
Makaley is getting so big. She turned one in April. We are trying to get her to go into nursery at church. I was just called to be a primary worker and with Mike working every other week. It is a little hard to teach primary with Makaley sitting in my lap or running around the room. Makaley loves to play with Alyssa and I know she is going to have a hard time when Alyssa goes to school. But hopefully she will take advantage of Alyssa being gone and be able to play with the toys without Alyssa telling her what to do. I never realized how behind Alyssa was in her language until Makaley came along. It still amazes me the things she understands. I wish Alyssa would've been able to understand like Makaley does. The neurologist says of course she is behind her brain has been busy having seizures at a critical point when most kids are busy learning new words. But at the same time I am thankful that Makaley doesn't have the same problems that Alyssa does. I think God knew that I probably couldn't handle another one with seizures.
And my wonderful sweet Husband, Michael. He hates his job and is looking for a new one and a better career. So if you have any suggestions, we are open to them. The work load has increased, people are quitting and they are not hiring new people to replace them. So everyone is over worked and stressed out to the max and everyone hates it there. That is Mike in a nutshell right now. I will post some more pics later. I better get some sleep before the kids wake up.
3 comments:
yay - I had no idea that you had a blog! (thank you FB!!) So, I"m adding you to my list!
I'm sorry to hear that Mike is not enjoying his work! I'll keep my eyes and ears out for him!
Bummer on the house hunting - I thought ya'll would be back up this way by now!
I'm glad to see that Alyssa is getting the help that she needs and that you're willing to seek what's best for her.
We just learned that Mykenzi has Autism so I can understand a little of what you're dealing with.
We love ya - hang in there! Good update (and you look AWESOME btw)!!
I am so glad you finally updated your blog. Im always checking it out to see what you guys are up too.
I totally understand about the house hunt. Were not in the market for a house right now, but we've moved so many times that its become one of my least favorite things to do.
I am so happy for you guys that Alyssa is getting the help that she needs and that she loves school, the bus right at least.
I keep my eyes open for any work, but sad to say were in the same boat with Rob.
Take care and keep in touch more often.
finally you updated your blog. it is about time. i want to hear some more good things not just the bad :). i need my hair colored!
Post a Comment